I struggled with severe acne since elementary school and sat in a derma office once a month for almost six months. Every visit my derma would prescribe new soap, creme, pills, etc. The only thing that did help was ProActiv when it started hitting the informational section of the television. Mom decided to surprise me by ordering a monthly subscription and after 3 months, my skin was screaming “LOOOOVE YOU!” Life saver!
Throughout the years I went through different routine from harsh, DIY, expensive, and HEAVEN!
The thing about a skin care routine is you have to try different things and routine until you find something that works for your skin type, age, and your diet.
- Drink more water
- Sweat more (workout)
- Eating antioxidant food*** (Recipe)***
- Less to no junk food (sodas, chocolate, processed food)
***Daily Smoothie Recipe***
- 1 cup greens (celery, parsley, spinach, mustard greens, etc.)
- 8 oz. coconut water
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Half an apple, cut
- 1 whole 8″ banana
- Blend all together & makes 1 serving
2. Routine & Products
- Clarisonic refreshing gel cleanser
- Clean & Clear morning burst shine control facial cleanser
- Clinique clarifying lotion 2 – for dry combo skin
- Clinique acné solutions clinical clearing gel (organic tea tree oil subs.)
- Piping rock 100% pure argan oil
- Serum vitamin C
- Clarisonic MIA 2 with acne cleansing brush head
- PMD with green discs
- Aveeno daily moisturizer with SPF 15
- Rosehip oil
It might seem like a bunch of products, but these take care of morning & night routine. One thing women have in common when it comes to skin routine is that we tend to switch it up during winter season and that time of the month. I found that with these products I have never had to switch up anything.
- Cleanse with Clean & Clear using finger tips.
- Tone with Clinique clarifying lotion.
- Pat dry. Pat on 4-5 drops of 100% pure argan oil.
- Pat on 6-8 drops of Vitamin C Youth serum.
- Always follow your morning routine with a moisturizer with SPF (Aveeno SPF 15)
- Clean with Clarisonic refreshing gel + MIA 2.
- Proceed with PMD tool on dry skin (ONCE A WEEK/Sundays)
- Rinse off with cold water & pat dry.
- Pat on 4-5 drops of argan oil + 6-8 drops of vitamin C serum + 4-5 drops of rosehip.
***Clinique Acne solutions clinical clearing gel is often used on new breakout during morning & night routine. As needed.***